Being a Boosters volunteer is FUN and an absolute necessity to support a GRAMMY award winning program. It’s also a great opportunity to be involved in your child’s life at Costa!
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Tina Shivpuri, at email@example.com
Goal: 1-2 parents per family volunteer | 40+ hours/family
Opportunities: concerts, festivals, end of the year banquet, social events, fundraising, home games (traffic control, uniforms, pit crew, candy sales…), field show tournaments (pit crew, chaperoning, uniforms, meals/snacks), competitions & performances.
Benefits: With over 45 events annually, it takes a village (10-30+ volunteers) to support the Band program at each event. In high school there are very rare occasions when you will have opportunities to interact with the students. Band provides parents with an opportunity to be involved in their student’s high school experience in a meaningful way. Whether your student is in one concert ensemble or multiple ensembles, we have lots of ways that you can help.
If you have any questions about volunteering, please contact Tina Shivpuri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marching Band & Colorguard
Marching Band requires a LOT of parent support — an average of 40 hours per marching band family is needed to operate just the marching portion of the band. Please consider offering your time to the below opportunities:
- Keep the Percussion Front Ensemble Students Safe after every Tuesday Night Practice. Two traffic volunteers are needed.
- Provide support when students change into and out of full uniform, prior to taking the field, in the stands, etc. for Home Games, Parades and Field Shows
- Load and unload equipment at MCHS and move equipment to/from the various sites at the event
- All equipment is on wheels, so no heavy loading is required
- 1-10 hours/tournament
- Supervise students on the buses and at field tournaments
- 9-10 hours/tournament
HOME FOOTBALL GAMES
(free entrance to Friday night games for the volunteers!)
- Two chaperones needed for each home game to arrive about 15 minutes before step-off (around 6:15pm) and stay with the students until they march back to the band hall after the game ends (around 10pm).
- Help set up, sell candies/water, and clean-up for either the first half or second half of the game
- 2-hour shifts for either the first half or second half of the game
- Set out the bleacher covers for the band before game; wipe off and put away the bleacher covers after game
- 1-hour shift either before or after the game
- Provide traffic control as the band walks up and down Peck Avenue to/from the football stadium
- 1-hour before and after the game
- Help the front-line ensemble students push their equipment on/off the field
- 1-hour before and after the game
- Three to six chaperones needed for the away game to ride the buses with the band and oversee them during the game or parade.
- For away games, bus usually loads approximately 5 pm and returns around 10-11 pm.
- Chaperones are always needed at the two Saturday Rehearsathons that are held throughout the season.
- 2- to 3-hour shifts
Concert Ensembles, Festivals & Trips
Concert Ensemble events needs volunteers for our various concerts, festivals, trips and banquet. Supports 6 concerts that occur throughout the year and the band banquet in June.
- Ride bus with students to and from festivals
- Assist in loading and unloading
- Track and stay with students at all times
- Ticket Sales, CDs, Mechanical Licensing, Decorations, and Refreshments
- Requires 2-4 hours
- Graphic Artist/Desktop Publisher that update artwork for the concerts and banquet
Banquet – Coordinates the annual event in June
- Plan, organize, and run the year-end band banquet including, Invitations/RSVP, setup/decorations, senior survey, and Student Recognition and awards, Program/Brochure
Fundraising – Propose, plan, and coordinate fundraising activities.
- Establish relationships with local vendors to solicit cash donations and donated items for our band program
- Grant Writer identifies and pursues instrument and program grants
Publicity – Provides Concert and Event information to the South Bay, MBUSD, MCHS and MC Bands community.
- Concert Poster Distributors
- Photographers for concert and marching band events
- Publicists establish relationships with local vendors and news organizations to publicize our GRAMMY® Award winning Music Program
- Percussion Studio & Festival organizing events
- Jazz Band 1 & 2 events and festival organization, chaperoning and communication
- Rotary Competition organizing
- Wind Ensemble Trip planning for transportation, lodging, activity planning, meals, etc.
- Social Activities