Come watch the 2021 MCHS Winter Concert on December 3, 2021
Buy Tickets here
Grammy Award Winning Mira Costa Bands
Under the direction of Joel Carlson, the GRAMMY® award winning Mira Costa Bands are part of the comprehensive music department at Mira Costa High School in Manhattan Beach, CA, and have been hailed by professional critics and adjudicators alike for fantastic performances of advanced high school, collegiate and professional repertoire in concerts, festivals and competitions from coast to coast. The bands have entertained crowds of thousands at large concert venues in the South Bay and were featured in their Carnegie Hall debut on the Spring 2016 Concert Series of Distinguished Concerts International New York (DCINY). The Bands and Colorguard have been most recently invited to perform at the 2020 National Concert Band Festival hosted by ‘Pershing’s Own” as well as the National Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington D.C. From the Concert Ensembles to Jazz Band, Marching Band & Colorguard, Percussion Studio, Winterguard and Indoor Drumline, the Mira Costa Bands provide a breadth of opportunity to students to perform at the highest level of excellence.
To find out more about our programs, go to the “Programs” tab above, click “Join” and then select the button for the specific program you’d like to learn about.
from the DCINY presents On The Winds of Song Review:
- ”These ensembles came to play, and play did they ever!”
- “…a terrific start… balance, intonation and articulation were all razor-sharp!”
- “…nailed it!”
- “…brimming with energy and joy…”
- “…emotionally charged…”
- “…this was something special!”
- “The audience loved it and the ovation was loud and long. Congratulations, Mira Costa Bands and Orchestras!”
- Marching Band and Guard wins 1st place at the So CA Regional WBA along with Best Music and Effects!
- Marching Band and Colorguard on earning Best General Effect and the highest score we have ever received in the Western Bands Association.
- Marching Band got 1st place in our division in the Annual Preview of Champions at Glover Stadium on October 23rd, 2021
- Winterguard Earns Top Recognition in WGI Virtual Competition
- Students Host “Behind the Music” Celebration of Band Program!