NON PROFIT 501(C)3, TAX ID: # 83-1734300
MIMEAA Overview: Presentation at the MBUSD Bands Celebration 2021
VISION & MISSION
Create a Pipeline of Musicians from elementary school, middle to high school and beyond.
Create a love of music so that young musicians continue playing and gain access to the social, emotional, and educational benefits of being part of an instrumental music experience.
1. RECONNECT with alumni, family and friends by attending concerts, competitions, and social events. We send out a quarterly newsletter and emails so you can join your band family at:
- Home Games
- Field Shows & Championships
2. NETWORK by sharing college and professional connections with fellow alumni, families and friends and receive our quarterly newsletter to stay up-to-date on MIMEAAs programs
We are building our alumni, family and friends database.
- Alumni: Click HERE to complete 3 min. survey
3. GIVE BACK to the MCHS band program and students.
GOALS + ACTIONS + EVENTS + VIDEOS
GOAL: Provide funding and management of MCHS & MBUSD Elementary interns/assistants
• 2017-2021 Funded and managed college music intern for the MCHS Band Director. This provided the Director with additional time for planning, music education and MBMS and K-8 outreach
• 2020-2022 Funded and managed instrumental assistant. This provided time for the Elementary Band Director to teach the classes while the assistant provided one-on-one support to students
GOAL: Alumni share their advice and tips for college admissions and the benefits of being in MCHS Bands Program
• Sponsor and Host 2018-2023 Alumni College Panel
• 5th Annual College Panel will be held on August 12, 2023 at 10:30AM, proudly hosted by the Band & Guard Boosters
GOAL: Share alumni goals, projects, events and MCHS Bands concerts and fundraisers
• Email 3 to 4 newsletters per year that include MIMEAA and MCHS Bands news and events
GOAL: Support K-8 programs to ensure sustained pipeline of musicians into MCHS Bands
ACTION/ACHIEVEMENTS: MCHS band student volunteers mentoring and mentored…
• 2020-2022 MBUSD and HBUSD elementary band students for 30 minute virtual sessions
• 2020-2021 MBMS students weekly at the after school rehearsals
• 2020-2021 Shared “How to Setup & Run” a Mentoring Program with MCHS Choir
GOAL: Offer alumni opportunities to connect with professionals (alumni, family & friends) in fields of interest and for help with job searches
• Create electronic system for connections 2022-2023
• Solicit professionals
GOAL: Offer opportunities for alumni and parents to reconnect and network
• Promoted 2017- 2021 Sneak Preview