Boosters offer support and resources to the Band program and faculty. By having a student in the Bands or Guard, you are automatically a member of the Booster organization. Find out more about what Boosters do, when we meet, and how to contact us below.
To Make a Marching Band Fair Share Donation via Credit Card Click Here
To Make a Marching Band Fair Share Donation via Check, Go To the “Store” Tab.
Upcoming Meetings –
Our meetings for the 2020-21 school year have concluded. Meetings for the 2021-22 school year will be added to the Calendar page.
Non Profit 501(c)3; MBX TAX ID: #02-0603467
Mira Costa Band Boosters – MC Bands
We are parents, alumni and community members who provide monetary and volunteer support to our Mira Costa Bands. By having a student in the program, you are automatically a member.
We support quality instruction and curricular and extracurricular experiences for MCHS students and promote music education and appreciation throughout the community.
Monthly Meetings – All Parents Are Welcome!
For the time being, Booster Meetings will be held via Zoom until further notice. Meeting information will be circulated in the eblast the week before the scheduled meeting, and is also included on the General Band Program calendar, available on the “Calendar” tab above.
- PROGRAM UPDATES: Mr. Carlson presents program updates on all the ensembles
- FINANCIAL TRANSPARENCY: MCHS Band Booster Treasurer, Michele Gentille, presents our financial report
- BOOSTERS PROGRAMS: VPs of Marching Band, Colorguard/Winterguard, Concerts, Concert Ensembles, Publicity, Fundraising, Trips & Festivals, and Percussion share updates and request support for upcoming events
- BOOSTERS GOALS & COMMUNITY OUTREACH: Discuss MCHS, MBX, MBUSD, PTSA, City of MB opportunities and issues
- Primary communication is via email and is posted on our website and facebook page – NOTE: Make sure to check your spam folders in case our weekly emails are misdirected there.
- There is a parent GroupMe account. Please email MiraCostaBand@gmail.com if you would like to be sent an invitation to join the GroupMe.
- Most up-to-date calendar is on our website
- Event photos are posted on Flickr and Instagram
- Minutes from the Boosters meetings are available on our members
THE 2020-2021 BOOSTER BOARD
- Co Presidents – Cathy Oh & Keith Simpson
- VP – Deb Salvaggio
- Treasurer – Cathi Wilson
- Secretary – Matt Luce
- Concerts – Kim Howe & Miti Patel
- Communications – Julie Sinai
- Marching Band Operations – Carolyn Mukai & Tina Shivpuri
- Colorguard Operations – Cori Rytz
- Indoor Drumline Operations – Deb Salvaggio & Gillian Cato
- Winterguard Booster President – Cori Rytz
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address:
MC Bands, PO Box 741, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
Tax Deductible Donation: MBX is recognized by the IRS as a Section 501(c)3 organization and as such donations received are deductible to extent allowed by law. MBX TAX ID: #02-0603467
OPEN BOOSTERS BOARD POSITIONS FOR 2019-2020
The Band Boosters Board needs you! Several positions need to be filled by June for the 2019-2020 school year. The band program would not be the same without strong parent support and involvement, so please consider stepping up to fill one of the positions. Contact Andrea Custer or any board member if interested or for any questions you may have. Thank you!
Following are the available positions:
- Corporate Sponsors
- Fundraising Shadow (Will take over as lead in the 2021-2022 school year)
- Elementary Liaison