Boosters offer support and resources to the Band program and faculty. By having a student in the Bands or Guard, you are automatically a member of the Booster organization. Find out more about what Boosters do, when we meet, and how to contact us below.
To Make a Fair Share Donation via Credit Card Click Here
To Make a Fair Share Donation via Check, Go To the “Store” Tab.
To Read our “Fair Share How To” Summary, Click on the PDF below.
Upcoming Meetings –
Our next meeting will be on October 13th at 7pm via Zoom. Link available on the calendar event.
A recording of the meeting from 9/8 can be seen HERE, and a PDF of the presentation slides are available at the link below.
Non Profit 501(c)3; MBX TAX ID: #02-0603467
Mira Costa Band Boosters – MC Bands
We are parents, alumni and community members who provide monetary and volunteer support to our Mira Costa Bands. By having a student in the program, you are automatically a member.
We support quality instruction and curricular and extracurricular experiences for MCHS students and promote music education and appreciation throughout the community.
Monthly Meetings – All Are Welcome!
For the time being, Booster Meetings will be held via Zoom until further notice. Meeting information will be circulated in the eblast the week before the scheduled meeting, and is also included on the General Band Program calendar, available on the “Calendar” tab above.
- PROGRAM UPDATES: Mr. Carlson presents program updates on all the ensembles
- FINANCIAL TRANSPARENCY: MCHS Band Booster Treasurer, Michele Gentille, presents our financial report
- BOOSTERS PROGRAMS: VPs of Marching Band, Colorguard/Winterguard, Concerts, Concert Ensembles, Publicity, Fundraising, Trips & Festivals, and Percussion share updates and request support for upcoming events
- BOOSTERS GOALS & COMMUNITY OUTREACH: Discuss MCHS, MBX, MBUSD, PTSA, City of MB opportunities and issues
- Primary communication is via email and is posted on our website and facebook page – NOTE: Make sure to check your spam folders in case our weekly emails are misdirected there.
- Most up-to-date calendar is on our website
- Event photos are posted on Flickr and Instagram
- Minutes from the Boosters meetings are available on our members
THE 2020-2021 BOOSTER BOARD
- Co Presidents – Andrea Custer (email@example.com) & Keith Simpson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- VP – Deb Salvaggio
- Treasurer – Michele Gentille (email@example.com)
- Secretary – Matt Luce
- Concerts – Kim Howe & Mara McPhee
- Marching Band & Colorguard Operations – Karni Syed (firstname.lastname@example.org), Carolyn Mukai (email@example.com), and Michele Gentille (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Banquet – Kim Howe & Mara McPhee (Assist, Dixie Forman)
- Festivals & Trips – Lana Imbagliazzo
- Fundraising – Josh Cooperman (email@example.com)
- Grant Writing – Sandra Strassner & Marni White
- Indoor Drumline – Deb Salvaggio
- Instruments – Micki King
- Jazz Band – Jennifer Keller
- Alumni – Keith Simpson
- MBMS – Lorelei Chao
- MBX – Matt Luce
- Orchestra – Karni Syed
- Photography – Kat Monk, Cathy Oh & Joni Toyooka
- Publicity/Communications – Joni Toyooka (firstname.lastname@example.org), (Assist, Cathy Oh)
- Restaurant Night Fundraisers – Dessa Meyer
- Volunteer Coordinator & Data Management – Tina Shivpuri (email@example.com)
- Winterguard – Michele Gentille (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Mailing Address:
MC Bands, PO Box 741, Manhattan Beach, CA 90267-0741
- Phone: (310) 962-2557
Tax Deductible Donation: MBX is recognized by the IRS as a Section 501(c)3 organization and as such donations received are deductible to extent allowed by law. MBX TAX ID: #02-0603467
OPEN BOOSTERS BOARD POSITIONS FOR 2019-2020
The Band Boosters Board needs you! Several positions need to be filled by June for the 2019-2020 school year. The band program would not be the same without strong parent support and involvement, so please consider stepping up to fill one of the positions. Contact Andrea Custer or any board member if interested or for any questions you may have. Thank you!
Following are the available positions:
- Corporate Sponsors
- Fundraising Shadow (Will take over as lead in the 2021-2022 school year)
- Elementary Liaison
- Orchestra Liaison